Sensitiveness - A blessing or A curse
Sensitiveness - A blessing or A curse
Sensitiveness has been my blessings, serve me like a bestie, a true friend as well as my enemy at the same time. I belong to hyper-sensitive people category. It has affected my life many ways, my actions, my career, relationships, health, happiness and much more.
According to Dr. Elaine Aron, a psychologist, "Highly sensitive people are deeply impacted by the feelings of others,
and often believe they can intuit another person’s emotions." That completely resonates with me.
I can understand people by placing myself into their place. It gives me symphathy, it makes me empathetic. But at the same time, it has been my weakness as well. It makes me too dependent on people. Someone can easily control my life. It's true that I hold grudges due to my hypersensitiveness. It takes me too long, more than worse to come out of dilemma, depression, sadness or whatever it is.
But as I've grown up, I came to understand that that's not the way of living the life. Not everyone's opinion about me matters. If I want to live happily, with peace of mind, I need to understand that it is what it is. It's just the matter of seeing the reality as it as, accepting the reality.
It doesn't mean I'm completely out of my grudges now, but I'm on the way at least. It doesn't mean I'm not hyper-sensitive anymore or less hyper-sensitive. I'm just seeing the truth as it is. Feeling of sadness, depression, opinion of others are still there. But impact of all these things isn't as strong as before.
I'm sharing these because many people suffer with this condition and hesitate to speak out about it. They believe that it makes them weak to share feelings. But there's nothing wrong to speak out loud or express what you feel.
There are so many people who've gone through the same situation and who're still going. You're not alone. If you need help, don't be afraild to ask for it. Because it's always there:)
Comments
Post a Comment